Sitespeed.io is the complete toolbox to test the web performance of your web site. Use it to monitor your performance or checkout how your competition is doing. You can see all the latest changes in the Changelog for the project.
- Introduction - start here if you are new to the project or web performance testing.
- Installation - install using npm, yarn or run our Docker containers.
- Browsers - collect timings using real browsers. We support Firefox, Chrome and Chrome on Android.
- Configuration - there’s a lot of things you can do with sitespeed.io, lets checkout how!
- Connectivity - set the connectivity to emulate real users network conditions.
- Docker - how to use our Docker containers.
- F.A.Q and Best Practice - here we keep track of questions we get in Slack.
- Scripting - test a user journey, test multiple URLs, test login, test adding items to the cart with scripting.
More details #
- Alerts - send alerts (email/Slack/PagerDuty etc) when you get a performance regression.
- Continuous Integration - generate JUnit XML/TAP and use Jenkins, Circle CI, Gitlab CI, Github Actions, Grunt or the Gulp plugin.
- Developers - start here when you want to do PRs or create a plugin.
- Graphite - how to configure and store your metrics in Graphite (and using StatsD).
- How to Write a Good Bug Report - if you write a good bug report, we can spend more time helping you fixing the problem instead of asking you questions
- Lighthouse - run Lighthouse and Google PageSpeed Insights from sitespeed.io.
- Metrics - configure which metrics you want to use.
- Mobile phones - test using your mobile phone (Android only).
- Performance Budget - make sure you are within your performance budget.
- Performance Dashboard - keep track of your metrics and performance.
- Plugins - list/disable/enable or create your own plugin.
- Pre/post scripting - run Selenium scripts before/after you test a URL.
- Setup S3 - how to setup S3 for your html result/videos and screenshots.
- Setup GCS - how to setup Google Cloud storage (GCS) for your html result/videos and screenshots.
- Single Page Application - how to test your single page application.
- Video - all that you can do with the video and filmstrip.
- WebPageReplay - WebPageReplay is proxy that first records your web site and then replay it locally. That can help you find performance regression in the front-end code easier: Latency/server timings are constant.
- WebPageTest - drive WebPageTest and fetch metrics and graph them.