Documentation / Introduction
The Coach - Introduction
Do my page need coaching?
You know, it’s hard to get everything right! The world is complex: HTTP/1 vs HTTP/2. Some of the previous performance best practices are now considered bad practice. Luckily for you the coach will detect that the page is accessed using HTTP/2, and adjust its advice accordingly.
Why we love the coach
Ten reasons why we love the coach and you will too:
- The coach gives you advice on how to make your page faster. The coach aims to NEVER give you bad advice. Follow the advice and you will WIN!
- HTTP/1 or HTTP/2? That’s no problem, the coach adjust the advice accordingly.
- The coach uses real browsers to see your page exactly like your users do.
- Every advice has one or more unit-tests to make sure it’s easy to change advice in the future.
- The coach knows about more than just performance: Accessibility and web best practice are other things that the coach can help you with.
- The coach is open-source. The advice is public, you can check it, change it, or add to it yourself. Help us make the coach even better!
- The coach can combine knowledge from the DOM with HAR to give you super powerful advice.
- The CLI output is pretty nice. You can configure how much you want to see. Use it as a fast way to check the performance of your page.
Work in progress!
We know you want the coach to help you, but right now YOU need to help the coach! The coach is new and needs more advice. Send a PR with a new advice, so the coach gets more knowledge! Check out the issues, try the project and give us feedback!