Documentation / How it all works
How it all works
What happens when sitespeed.io analyzes a page (10 seconds version)
This is the super simple version, leaving out all other tools that are used:
- sitespeed.io gets a URL from the user
- Open the browser
- Start record a video of the screen
- Access the URL in the browser
- When the page is finished, take a screenshot of the page
- Stop the video and close the browser
- Analyze the video to get metrics like FirstVisualChange and SpeedIndex
- Generate a HTML report and/or send the metrics to Graphite or store the metrics however you want, building your own plugin.
The big picture looks something like this:
Built upon Open Source
Sitespeed.io uses a lot of other Open Source tools massive love to those projects:
For the details you should read the developers guide.